Having a getaway from your ceremony or reception always seems like such a romantic gesture; the two of you have just pledged your hearts to one another and are whisked away! There are so many different options when it comes to how you’ll ride off into the sunset together — from the traditional to the unique, there really is no wrong way! I wanted to share a few fun ideas to spark your imagination if you’re planning for a getaway are a looking for something outside of a limousine or town car. I can promise your photographer will love getting some images with any of these! I would definitely recommend doing your getaway during the daylight hours — if you’re having a summer wedding, it’s possible it may still be light at the end of your reception! In general, I think it’s a safe bet to plan to use one of these methods to get from your ceremony to your reception in style.
- Taxi | A taxi seems so simple but is the perfect option for any city wedding — that yellow cab immediately incorporates a chic feel into your day! It’s a very cost effective option as you won’t have to worry about rental rates.
- Vintage Car | For the timeless couple, a vintage car is the way to ride in style! Decorate the back with a garland or florals for a unique twist.
- Scooter | I cannot think of anything more European than a scooter!
- Hot Air Balloon | If you’re having a wedding in the country, this would be quite a grand exit to surprise your guests with!
- Boat or Canoe | I love this idea for someone getting married on the water, like the Chesapeake Bay, or by a lake! A canoe would be a quiet, romantic ride for two or have someone else drive you away in grand boat!
- Horse Drawn Carriage | Nothing like a fairy tale getaway from your whimsical wedding day!