If you’ve ever met Rob, you’ll definitely know he isn’t someone who would ever tell you it’s his birthday. I don’t know about you, but I still love my birthday and basically sing from the rooftops for that 24 hours just because I can. But Rob could go all day without anyone knowing and it wouldn’t make much of a difference to him. He isn’t really attention seeking in any way, and that’s just one of the things I love about him. I started thinking about what I wanted to post this year and in honor of his 30th birthday, I’m going to share 30 things I love about him.
In no specific order…
1. How you’re never attention seeking and don’t do anything just for credit. I know I said that above, but come on, 30 is a lot!
2. Your support of my business, in every way. There is no way this dream would work without you and it just makes it even better that you’re an awesome second shooter.
3. That you always kill the spiders that are making a break for our bedroom.
4. Your willingness to indulge my love anniversary photos. 5 years and counting, we can’t cut that off now, RIGHT!?
5. That you let us binge watch all of our favorite shows, over and over.
6. Even more importantly, that you let us binge eat ice cream in the summer on our weekly trips to Carousel.
7. That you genuinely care about my opinion on your clothes and will return the grandpa shirts.
8. How much you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups — I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone crush a bag quite as fast as you can :)
9. You actually put the toilet seat down. Enough Said.
10. How you can quote just about anything, even if you’ve only heard it one time.
11. Our shared love of all things Harry Potter, after all this time.
12. That you always make sure I have gas because otherwise I’d be stranded on I-66 about once a month.
13. How you will drop anything to help out our friends.
14. You always, ALWAYS like my Instagram posts, even if it means your app is filled with random wedding photography.
15. That you will introvert with me and “hide” inside.
16. When everyone else is drinking IPA, you stay strong as a Stout/Belgian/Wheat man.
17. The fact that you let me watch Titanic as much as I want, as long as it’s MY birthday.
18. How you’ll let me endlessly take photo after photo on vacation. #memories
19. That you aren’t a natural Mr. Fix It, but will sure try your damnedest.
20. How much you clean the house, without (too much) complaining. The place would be a dust bowl with you!
21. Your love of movies (except, of course, all the ones I want to see!).
22. That you know to skip the roses and go straight for the good stuff — chocolate milk.
23. When you get “mad” about me stealing all your warm hoodies, but let me anyway.
24. That we can go literally days in our sweatpants during the months of January and February.
25. Your ability to impersonate almost any voice or accent… except Christopher Walken.
26. Your obsession with ESPN — I still haven’t figured out the fascination, but I appreciate yours.
27. That you will always let us travel the world, as long as I build the plan.
28. How you always do that “just one more thing” for me before getting in bed.
29. Of course that you’re handsome as can be and only get better with age. Ladies, pics are below… you’re welcome.
30. How much you love me and our little Wubzy.
Photos 7&8 by Abby Grace Photography, all others taken by me.
add a comment